In this course, Dr. Tom Janoshalmi, SVP and global Head of Digital Business Services Strategy & Portfolio, will offer a Seminar about the unprecedented changes in the digital economy and their implications on the transport market, how information technology is enabling this change and how business use cases demonstrate the impact.
SAP SE is a European multinational software corporation, one of the largest companies in Germany and in Europe that makes enterprise software to manage business operations and customer relations. SAP is headquartered in Walldorf, Baden-Württemberg, and the company has over 335,000 customers in over 180 countries.
The seminar will cover the following three main content topics. The students will choose an area of research, where the impact of digital technology can change the current industry processes. These areas are expected to be new. Some previous examples are: Early Recall Detection in the Automotive Industry with Predictive Analytics, Solving Overbooking in the Airline Business using Digital Data Mining Techniques, or City Bus Transport Optimization with Mobile Technology in a Developing Economy.
- The digital economy’s impact on public transportation through:
- cloud computing
- cyber security
- the sharing economy's new rules
- Roadmap to digital transportation
- re-imagining business models
- redesigning processes via design thinking and
- redesigning traveller engagement with technology as the enabling platform.
- A reflection on change in the transportation industry
- Use cases to illustrate impact of change and outcome.