Im Auftrag der Europäischen Kommission, Generaldirektion Verkehr und Energie
TRANS-TOOLS: TOOLS for Transport forecasting And Scenario testing.
The TRANS-TOOLS project was funded by the European Commission (DG Mobility & Transport) under the 6th RTD Programme.
The objective of the TRANS-TOOLS project was the establishment of a ›proprietary‹ Intellectual property right (IPR) free reference model by the European Commission for the assessment of transport policy measures. For this purpose, a network-based tool was developed by integrating different European transport demand and assessment models on a common software platform. The TRANS-TOOLS model consists of following modules: passenger demand module, freight demand module, logistics module, traffic assignment module, regional economic module and external impacts. A major target of TRANS-TOOLS was to obtain consistency with the EU’s Transport Policy Information System ETIS.
IWW’s main responsibility was the contribution of the passenger demand module to the TRANS-TOOLS system.
- TNO, Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research Building and Construction Research, Delft, Netherland (co-ordinator)
- NEA Transport Research and Training, Zoetermeer, Netherlands
- TRT, Trasporti e Territorio Srl, Milan, Italy
- IWW, Institut für Wirtschaftspolitik und Wirtschaftsforschung, Universität Karlsruhe, Germany
- CTT, Technical University of Denmark, Copenhagen, Denmark
- ISIS, Instituto di Studi per l'Integrazione dei Sistemi, Rome, Italy
- IPTS, Institute for Prospective Technological Studies, Seville, Spain
- CAU, Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel, Kiel, Germany