ETIS-BASE: Core Database Development for the European Transport policy Information System (ETIS)
The ETIS-BASE project was funded by the European Commission (DG TREN) under the 5th RTD Programme.
ETIS-BASE was responsible for the development of a reference database, which was the core element of the European Transport policy Information System (ETIS). This pan-European database covers all EU countries and has become the reference database for European strategic modelling, by focussing on TEN-T policy issues.
ETIS-BASE provides a repeatable methodology for the development of a consistent database and a reference database comprising socio-economic, passenger/ freight transport demand transport network, passenger/ freight transport service and cost data, as well as data on external effects.
IWW contributed to the passenger O/D matrix, and was responsible for network data, passenger level-of-service and external effects data.
- NEA Transport Research and Training BV, Zoetermeer, Netherlands (co-ordinator)
- AJI Europe, Sèvres, France
- ISIS, Institute of Studies for the Integration of Systems, Rome, Italy
- ETH, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Switzerland
- MDS Transmodal Ltd., Chester, United Kingdom
- MKmetric Gesellschaft für Systemplanung mbH, Karlsruhe, Germany
- NESTEAR, Gentilly, France
- IWW, Institute for Economic Policy Research, Universität Karlsruhe (TH), Karlsruhe, Germany
- VTT Building and Transport, Technical Research Centre of Finland, Helsinki, Finland